Amanda is a highly sought after ‘Social Media Influencer’ and digital marketing professional. Over the last 15 years, Amanda has not only worked as a highly acclaimed supermodel in markets like Milan, Italy, Tokyo and New York, but was also involved in running a leading modeling agency here in Singapore which demanded global attention.
Brands around the world engage Amanda to help them drive engagement with existing and new customers through her vibrant social media platforms. From Facebook, to Twitter to her acclaimed ‘lifestyle’ blog,
Living 306 Magazine (www.theliving360.com).
Today, her focus is to work with brands large and specialized to help them drive deeper engagement through social media and create active online communities.
Amanda Dyer wears many hats – international high-fashion model, successful entrepreneur, networking queen, and loving mother – to name just a few. Her versatility, positive attitude, dedication and professionalism all shine through in her varied achievements.
Amanda’s diverse portfolio ranges from editorial, runway, catalogue and presentations to television commercials and promotions. She has starred in music videos as well as guest roles for numerous movies in North America. Her commercial experience of over 15 years has included management posts in leading hotels and restaurants, apart from haute couture modelling assignments for iconic global designers.
An Early Start
The 6ft Canadian beauty started her modelling career at the age of 12. By the time she was 14, she was signed to Elite after winning a national modelling competition where she beat thousands of other entrants. At 15, Amanda was sent to Tokyo – soon to become her favourite fashion capital – where she worked with top designers like Issey Miyake, Comme des Garcons and Max Mara. While in Tokyo, she graced the covers of Japan’s elite fashion rags Figaro, Spur, Frau, Marie Claire, Elle and Vogue.
After Tokyo, Amanda spent several years working the world’s fashion capital circuit between Milan, Paris, New York and even Germany and Greece. She has worked with every designer on a young fashion model’s wish list and starred in multiple global campaigns, including those for leading beauty brand Shiseido, fashion label Esprit and Takashimaya.
The Entrepreneur in Her
In 2008, Amanda slipped into her latest role as entrepreneur, founding the modelling agency Scout International (Know today as Scout Models) in Singapore. Her experiences as a model coupled with her unrivalled insight into the client’s side of the business provide a unique competitive advantage.
Amanda is widely regarded as one of the leading social connectors among Singapore’s marketing, media and hospitality elites. Her dynamic presence and discriminating taste, combined with rich global experience in the fashion industry make her an asset to any endeavour.
In 2012, Amanda started The Living 360 magazine (www.theliving360.com), a lifestyle magazine that has grown in popularity and is regarded today as one of the leading content curation websites around. In early 2014, the site hit 1.2m unique visitors and today boasts a star-studded line up of contributors & writers.
In 2014, Amanda’s lifestyle & personal brand was further accentuated with the birth of a catchy Homeware collection called Maison by Amanda Dyer.
Taking into consideration her favourite passion & guilty pleasure, the collection will launch with a very unique & beautiful luxury candle range. The brand also has organic soaps, room fragrances, furniture and even a fashion range in the pipeline.
Amanda Dyer Trivia
• While in New York, Amanda was roommates with Giselle Bundchen. She partied and worked with Linda Evangelista, Carmen Kass and Bijou Phillips.
• Amanda is a self-confessed travel buff and loves to learn about new cultures. An added bonus as her work has taken her to every major destination in the world that she’s ever wanted to go to!
• Being part of adrenalin pumping live performances is not new to her, having performed as a dancer and runway model for Bryan Adams’ world tour concerts.
• Of all the fashion capitals this globe-trotting beauty has been to, Tokyo is her first love and favourite. She’s obsessed with anything Japanese!!
• No prizes then, for guessing that her favourite cuisine is Japanese, closely followed by Korean and Spanish.
• A Dirty Martini – that’s Amanda’s fave cocktail.
• Amanda picks her music to suit her mood – her favourites are Coldplay, The Script, Snoop Dogg and Buddha Bar/ Cafe Del Mar series.